Monday, May 05, 2008

Sketchdump/Mixed Emo



This sketch has been stagnating for a while. Initially, it was part of a larger piece, with plenty of complex background elements and weird color choices. I would peek in on it every few months to see what I could do to make it workable. Eventually I realized that all of the background (and some of the character) was crap. So I just decided to toss the background and re-work the character into something I liked. I tossed his formerly stumpy legs and gave him a lankier frame with a little bend to it. It worked, I dig him now.

2 comments:

Bill Ferguson said...

Wow bad ass! I love the background texture. Is it scanned in or are you just that awesome in illustrator?

Matt Schuster said...

Most of the textures in my pieces are done by hand and scanned in. I like to have a mix of digital and organic textures in my work.